Rates and Packages
Please complete the following Waitlist Request Form
to express your interest in working with Jake.
Do you take insurance?
- In general, I am considered an out-of-network provider. I am not in-network with any private insurance company. There are numerous advantages to working with an out-of-network therapist. Such an arrangement offers increased privacy to your health record, freedom of choice in selecting the therapist you wish, and freedom from insurance-related restrictions (more on that below).
- If your insurance plan includes out-of-network coverage, my services may be partially reimbursed by your insurer. I provide super bill invoicing with all the necessary information to clients wishing to seek this reimbursement on their own.
- I previously accepted many of the major insurance plans and found that these companies treated my clients as diagnoses attached to case numbers instead of healthy individuals and couples experiencing the new “human condition” of living in our modern world.
- The clients that I work with in my practice are often experiencing stress, overwhelm, and relationship problems, all of which are not mental health disorders. The majority of clients I work with in my practice seek treatment before their issues would meet criteria for diagnosis as a mental health disorder, which is exactly what I encourage prospective clients to do!
- While accepting insurance I learned that therapy covered through insurance benefits must be deemed “medically necessary.” This means that you must be diagnosed with a mental health disorder AND then it must be proven that it is impacting your health on a day-to-day basis. Unfortunately, if assigned a psychiatric diagnosis, it may become part of your permanent health record.
- If you’d like to read about this issue further, please read the following article.
Get Help Today
Please complete the Waitlist Request Form to express your interest in working with Jake in the near future.
Finding a therapist you trust and respect is important. I offer a free 20-minute phone consultation to determine a good fit without making a financial commitment. Click the button below to schedule an appointment.